Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Q&A

Hello there! I love fashion and shopping, but like a lot of girls in their 20's I am pretty low on money. I have always been pretty good at dressing to the nines on close to nothing so I decided to start this blog to share my tips and finds with my other like minded fashion lovers. Here are some questions and answers...


Why did you start this blog?

I have been involved in the online fashion community for several years and notice a lot of people spend a lot of money to get looks they could pay much less for. There is nothing wrong with designer clothes, but I have my fair share of vintage designer clothing from sifting through consignment and thrift stores. Whenever I first started posting looks online people would comment about how they were surprised I got something from such and such store. I never have let my lack of money stop me from dressing the way I would like. I grew up in a home with very little money but I loved the fashion in my favorite magazines. I ended up growing up to become a bargain hunter and I want to share my finds and ideas.

Where are some places you shop?

I was lucky in my teen years to get an allowence of $20 sometimes twice a month and other times my mom would give me $5. I had a high school boyfriend that I would drag with me to target, savers, the 99 cent store, $5 styles stores, Mervins and Ross. I am not sure why he put up with these crazy shopping trips that went on for hours on end. Anyway, I would look over everything in the stores I went to trying to find something that screamed my name. These days I shop mostly thrift but I am always on the lookout for a great deal at stores like Urban Outfitters, Target, Anthropologie, anywhere that puts on a decent sale. An other great way to dress nicely for less is working part time at a store you like, a lot of stores I have worked at gave anywhere from 30%-50% off to their staff.

How much does the outfit you are wearing cost?

I am wearing a vintage mod trench that I bought from a thrift store that cost me only $3. A vintage sweater that once belonged to a male friend. A pair of high waisted jean shorts, I bought a pair of mom jeans for a dollar that I cut and cuffed. One pair of black tights I got for free from my old job at American Apparel given to me from the mannequin drawer. Finally a pair of oxfords from target on sale for $5. Grand total: $9. I will not turn down free clothing and accessories, most of the time I can work them into an outfit.

Can I send a question about how to find a certain trend or style for less?

Of course, I love hunting down affordable takes on trends. Just send an email to no48.rebecca@gmail.com with a photo of what you are looking for and how much you would like to spend and I will try my best to find something for you.


If you have any other questions for me, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment